NICSAC Member Competitions for 2019 – Last Update 18 July 2019
1. Cross Country Events in Series Competition –
North West Cross Country, Gransha, Derry 15th December 2018
Stormont Cross Country including NICSAC Championships – Saturday 9th February 2019
McConnell Shield, Ballyclare – November 2019
2. NICSAC 10 Mile Championship Men & Ladies – the 3 events for the 10M are:-
Limavady Jude Gallagher memorial (No race this year) – Portaferry (16th July) – Armagh (13th October)
3. NICSAC Half Marathon Championship Men & Ladies – The 6 events for the Half Marathon are:-
Larne Half (23rd March) – Omagh (6th April) – Lisburn (19th June) – Ards (28th June)
Waterside Half (1st September) and Belfast Half (22nd September).
4. 10Km Championships Men & Ladies – The 8 events are:-
Jimmy’s Ten (17th March) – Titanic Quarter10km (31st March) – Enniskillen 10Km (8th June) – Randalstown – St Benedict’s at Shane’s Castle Estate (20th June) – Greyabbey 10km (5th July) – Dessie’s Run (21st August) – Strangford Festival 10km (23rd August)- Bangor Classic 10km (28th September) and Seeley Cup 10km (30th November).
5. Belfast Marathon Relay which is on the Sunday 5th May 2019. The NICSAC Relay Team competition will be held again with competition for All Male, All Female and Mixed relay teams.
6. Members’ 5km Handicap Trail Run (September 2019).
7. Age Graded Competition (December 2018 through to November 2019)
All members are invited to submit by email to the club secretary (Secretary@nics-ac.com), their best age grade percentage as shown in the parkrun results from any parkrun over the period 1st December 2018 to 30th November 2019. The email should also include the parkrun location, the event date and your actual time, this will aid verification of the entries. As the age graded percentages are corrected not only for age related performance but also for male and female relative standards, the winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd ) will just be the members with the highest three percentage scores.
8. Competition Series (December through to November). – Marathons and Cross Country events are included in addition to 10km, 10 Mile, Half Marathon and Handicap races.
Club members will be awarded 10 points for a finish and extra points for their finishing position in relation to other club member participants (10 points for 1st male/female finisher, 9 for 2nd etc. down to 1 point for 10th). Members would be expected to participate in at least 5 of the races listed at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 below to be included in the championship series. However, there is no restriction to participation in more than 5 events – the more events you compete in the more points you can accumulate.
Perpetual & Individual Trophies will be awarded to the 1st & 2nd male & female members who accumulate the highest and second highest number of points at the end of the Series.
9. Marathons For the purpose of the Series Competition the “marathon year” will run from 1st December to 30th November each year and the scoring will work as follows. Any member who competes in a marathon race anywhere in the world that has been certified by the National Athletics Association or IAAF should notify the Events Officer within 4 weeks of the event and provide confirmation of the time (a link to the results on the event website). The times for all members taking part in marathons during the year will be collated at the end of the year (30th November) and ranked according to finishing times. Members will be awarded 10 points for completing a marathon and extra points for their placing in the marathon rankings list (10 points for 1st male/female place, 9 for 2nd etc. down to 1 point for 10th). These points will be added to your points total for the series. Note: marathons run over multi terrain courses aren’t likely to have accurate course measurement and can’t be included. If in doubt please check with the Events Officer before taking part in a marathon.
10.Marathon Championships There is also a Male & Female Marathon Championship competition with perpetual cups awarded to the members with the fastest time during the competition year – from 1st December to 30th November.
11. Marathon Trip. A trip to a European Marathon.